Business Development Manager, Atlantic Canada
Location: Nova Scotia or New Brunswick
My client is a member of one of the largest insurance organizations in the world. They offer a full line of auto and home products in the provinces of Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
We are looking for a dynamic Regional Sales Manager to join their corporate team in Atlantic Canada. Our search is for a highly driven and intelligent sales leader who can take ownership of and expand the Atlantic regions. You have the perfect mix of strategic planning and hands on deal making leadership skills and want to apply your experience in a high growth environment with a team that is hungry to learn.
As a seasoned professional in your craft, you use your experience to drive business results through inspirational and effective leadership of your team. You look past what ’is’ and see what ‘could be,’ with recognition that it takes collaboration, detail and heart to be successful.
RESPONSABILITIES (What you will do)
- Coach and mentor your team with the goal of motivating and driving the right activity, developing their skills, and hitting aggressive revenue targets.
- Be responsible for forecasting, reporting, and building optimal processes that will drive team productivity.
- Consistently hold agency managers accountable for achieving sales targets and providing a superior level of customer service by demonstrating top notch customer service standards.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including finance, sales ops, marketing, customer success and product to develop strategic initiatives to further our client’s market position and growth potential.
- Drive the brand by supporting company campaigns and creating local campaigns and initiatives to drive the brand at the grassroots level.
- Responsible for Talent Management in the region. Includes building and maintaining succession plans for each agency and ensuring such plans are in place for every position in every agency to develop future leaders in the organization.
- Identify business development opportunities by continually assessing the local market and competition in designated territory to identify strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and threats; develop and implement appropriate plans to respond.
- You will establish a presence in the industry and in the community by participating in business and community events.
DESIRED QUALIFICATION AND CERTIFICATION:
- University degree or College Diploma.
- Industry certification - OTL License a MUST.
- CIP an asset.
- Minimum 5 years sales management/leadership experience of multi-unit locations.
- Superior supervisory and coaching skills and ability to manage from a distance.
- Strategic and innovative thinking process. Projects and maintains a professional image and demonstrates high energy and enthusiasm.
- Desire and capability to lead a team and produce results, establish goals and motivate others to achieve.
- Analytical and detail orientated with excellent time management skills (ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment).
- Ability to comfortably and quickly build rapport with agency managers, employees, colleagues and customers.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Act to align performance for success, take calculated risks to pursue challenging goals, based on an explicit cost/benefit analysis of the returns they are likely to get, given the investment they will need to make.
- Makes decisions of various complexity and risk, in time sensitive situations with high tolerance to stress. Decisions may involve facilitating change and result in programs and plans to achieve overall goals of regions.
Qualified candidates, please contact Martine Coutu, Talent Acquisition Partner, DGA Careers at email@example.com or 514-587-2508