We are looking for an experienced claims professional with a positive attitude and terrific work ethic to join our client’s team as a Claims Advisor.
Your duties will be to;
- Upon notification of a new claim, reviews the relevant policy and gathers all necessary facts and information and contacts the insurer.
- Conducts analysis of claims and coverage and recommends solutions to coverage issues.
- Provides technical expertise to internal and external clients regarding claims coverage.
- Negotiates payments and reimbursements with the insurers on the client’s behalf.
- Updates the client on the status of the claim as required.
- Enters and maintains current and accurate information in LEO.
- Maintains current and accurate files and documentation for each claim.
- Builds and maintains excellent working relationships with adjusters, insurers and related trades and suppliers.
- Identifies any client or system issues that may arise to the appropriate individuals.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Develops claims management reports and distributes reports to management and/or clients as required.
- Develops and distributes claim notification reports identifying major losses, trends or frequency for management and/or clients
- Supports the Claims team with problem files and difficult situations.
- Assists the Unit Leader - Claims with individual performance by giving meaningful feedback, guidance and training to the claims team.
- Participates in presentations to clients and prospective clients and/or associations.
Our client is a prominent mid-size, National Insurance Brokerage located in Calgary. You will be working in an environment that has a history of delivering for their clients. The rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and develop your career. Your career opportunities are endless when given the chance to work in an office with very high employee engagement and positive moral.
An enthusiastic Insurance Professional with a minimum of five years of experience handing property claims. If you are keen to work for a National Insurance Brokerage with an entrepreneurial spirit and an effective and progressive leadership team look no further. You must possess;
- Level 2 license
- Excellent knowledge of coverage and good analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently, as part of a team and with others throughout the organization
- Good project management and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and EPIC
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Attention to detail and precision essential
- Able and willing to work under pressure when needed
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-702-5702 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.