Senior Property Underwriter
Our client a global organization based downtown toronto is looking to grow their property underwriting department. This role provide excellent compensation, benefits and upward mobility.
To analyze and underwrite new and renewal property business, under general direction, utilizing the companies way of Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on assignments of higher technical complexity ensuring a high level service to customers.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
• Serve as key contact for assigned target accounts.
• Measure exposure/analyze risk.
• Provide expertise on coverage issues with claims programs and guidelines.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Property Underwriting or Market Facing area
- College Degree with 3 or more years of experience in the Property Underwriting or Market Facing area
- 3 or more years of experience in the Property Underwriting or Market Facing area
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience working in a team environment
• Bachelors Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Microsoft Office experience
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 416.868.6711
x.226 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com
. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.