Our client has an exciting opportunity for a talented Intermediate Personal Lines Underwriter who enjoys intellectual challenge and seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth. You must be a self-starter, team player, and committed to a long-term career in the insurance industry. As an Intermediate Personal Lines Underwriter, you will apply analytical, sales, and interpersonal skills to manage and grow a portfolio of business. You will review insurance applications to evaluate, classify, and rate moderate-to-complex risks. In addition, you will manage relationships across varied sources- including internal and external partners.
Our client is an Alberta company committed to excellence in customer service and employee development. They offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program, along with a friendly an upbeat culture. If you are a big picture thinker with the agility to adjust work to reflect the complex network of forces at play, this may be the role for you.
- 3 years’ personal lines auto and property underwriting experience;
- Post-secondary education and completion of CIP designation is preferred;
- Establish and maintain professional business partnerships with brokers to provide underwriting, consulting and education services to support regional growth and profit;
- Ensure understanding of underwriting standards and compliance to underwriting rules and guidelines specific to the region;
- Work collaboratively with the broker on ways to select and accept risks for new business, endorsements and renewals which will help grow the book and not negatively impact loss ratios;
- Experience in the non-standard auto market as well as experience in a broker office would be an asset;
- Knowledge of the regional insurance market and the brokers within the market is considered an asset.
Finding and assessing great people within the insurance industry is what we do at DGA Careers all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-702-5829 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.