Echelon Insurance is a property and casualty insurer, offering Commercial and Personal lines insurance products across Canada. We believe that Canadian individuals and businesses are best served when working with an independent insurance broker, so we distribute our insurance products exclusively through our broker and agent partners.
- Broker sold personal lines specialty auto
- Non-standard auto
- Antique and classic vehicles
- Trailers, motor homes and recreational vehicles
- Personal habitational products
- Specialty insurance programs distributed through managing general agencies
- Extended warranty
- Creditor insurance
- Higher premium property
- Primary and excess liability coverage
- Legal expense
Our competitive strengths:
- Specialized Products and Underwriting
- Personalized Service
- Sophisticated Pricing and Analysis of Specialty Risks
- Financial Strength
Reporting to the Claims Supervisor, the Claims Adjuster investigates, evaluates and settles both Personal lines and Commercial lines claims.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Attend to inquiries by telephone, fax, letter and email pertaining to all facets of personal lines and commercial lines claims.
- Proactively investigate and evaluate potential claims under a variety of policies to determine coverage, damages, liability and settlement through methods of direct handling and claims examining.
- Review and analyze policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and endorsements pertinent to a variety of losses.
- Appoint claims vendors (appraisers, adjusters, contractors, experts, lawyers) as directed and in accordance with company guidelines.
- Process payments (or denials) in accordance with established authority levels, policy conditions and guidelines of the Company.
- Refer all files above established level of authority to direct supervisor with recommendations for reserves, payments and resolution with follow up through to file closure.
- Direct and provide feedback to external claims vendors for effective investigation, control and facilitation of claims.
- Identify, direct and manage efforts to maximize subrogation and recovery from other parties.
- Maintain timely and accurate claim reserves on files.
- Maintain/record timely loss and expense reserves and payments in the Claims System on a timely basis and participate in the recording and reporting of claims accruals
- Document claim files with appropriate particulars of claim and claim handling.
- Advise the Underwriting department of any information gathered which may affect risk assessment.
- Meet or exceed established objectives for service and performance.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
- Some travel may be involved.
Education and Experience:
- Must be fluently bilingual (French and English)
- College certificate
- Personal lines and commercial lines permit from AMF required
- CIP or FCIP would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in claims adjusting
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to manage changing priorities
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and investigative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Be very comfortable in a computerized environment