Our client a global organization based in Montreal is currently seeking a bilingual Risk Control Consultant role
The Risk Control Consultant is responsible for providing overall risk assessment, evaluation, consulting and technical support for prospective and new and renewal accounts for the purpose of making risk determinations for underwriting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. On-site client visits to analyze and evaluate hazards and controls to assist underwriting in adequate risk selection & pricing of mid to large commercial, industrial and institutional risks
2. Prepare comprehensive reports that highlight your assessment, evaluation of risks and recommended risk improvement solutions to assist in risk selection
3. Support the branch and risk control business strategies by promoting risk control “value added” products and services to clients and brokers
4. Develop and maintain business relationships with internal & external partners to positively impact branch business plans
5. Provide risk improvement consultation to commercial customers to positively impact their loss ratio and deliver value that influences their insurance buying decision
6. Maintain up to date skills and knowledge of risk control requirement, commercial underwriting guidelines and standards and best practices.
7. Develop & conduct education and training program for internal and external customers on as needed basis
SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
1. An engineering degree or equivalent (e.g., chemical, mechanical, fire protection, industrial)
2. Must be fully bilingual in spoken and written French.
3. Possess or working towards insurance industry designations & certifications (i.e. CIP, CRM)
4. 3-5 years of experience as a risk control consultant with a sound proficiency in multi-line Property including business interruption and Casualty (G.L., Products Liability & Auto) assessment skills
5. In-depth technical & engineering knowledge of risk control practices, procedures and standards (i.e. NFPA, FM, Building & Fire Codes) and ability to apply to special hazards occupancies involving dust hazards, chemical/flammable liquid storage & warehouse storage systems
6. Must have strong understanding and experience performing sprinkler system and water supply analysis
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
8. Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, detailed oriented & demonstrate strong time management skills
9. Strong analytical, technical, negotiation and presentation skills
10. Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and willingness to travel throughout Quebec and Eastern Ontario.
11. Excellent MS Office skills
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 416.868.6711 x.226 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.