DGA Careers, a leading recruiting and executive search firm for the Canadian insurance industry, has a career opportunity for a highly organized, energetic and personable individual. Founded in 1986, DGA Careers, specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels.
This position reports to the Office Manager. The receptionist is responsible for assisting the President, the entire team, clients and candidates in day-to-day operations administration. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
This position is a part-time position which requires flexibility in hours with possibility for full-time employment.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below are representative but not all-inclusive:
- Provide reception support, such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative challenges and inquiries
- Sort, screen, review, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; compose, prepare and ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries
- Assist in filing, faxing, and data entry
- Manage inventory for the office and order supplies as needed
- Coordinate overall upkeep of office functionality and arrange necessary repairs
- Assist in event planning, preparation and execution of company conferences
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Assist in planning and executing in-house or off-site activities, like lunches, parties, celebrations and conferences
- Schedule and co-ordinate interviews for in-house and client meetings
- Screen through applications and forward to appropriate consultant
- Create and distribute monthly e-newsletter campaigns
- Work with off-site IT to help with employee technical issues, set up accounts, and workstations
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
- Education related to business administration
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role, preferably reception support
- Personable, friendly, outgoing, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Word processing and data entry skills; preferably in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Takes on initiative and has a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and creative writing skills
- Flexibility and accountability in daily responsibilities
- Knowledge about different social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity, email your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com. Only those candidates who are qualified and being considered for interviews will be contacted.