Our client is looking to hire a Personal Lines Underwriter to come work in the Calgary office. The successful candidate would be responsible for analyzing the acceptability of new business, as well as reviewing existing policyholders.
Our client is a nationally recognized insurance firm and one of the largest in Alberta. They have their sights set on major growth and plan to be one of the top 5 in Canada. An exciting time to join this fast paced and growing organization.
You are a high energy, sociable individual who enjoys communicating with others. You have a progressive mindset, go with the flow attitude, enjoy giving suggestions and are open to change.
- Must have 1+ years of personal lines insurance experience
- Post-secondary education or related business experience
- Willingness to enroll in, or actively pursuing a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to provide justification.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritize daily tasks.
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-702-5702 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.