Regional Commercial Automobile Specialist
Our client is on the hunt for a full-time National Commercial Auto Specialist that can be located anywhere in Canada! They aren’t picky about location because this position has a national scope and you must understand the compliance and regulatory pieces across ALL provinces (which is challenging to find).
Quick snap shot of the role…
- Work with the Actuarial Department, lead the business side of all regulatory work, rate filings and legislative changes with respect to Commercial Automobile Insurance across the country.
- Steer the development and formulation of corporate underwriting standards, appetite, and philosophy.
- Guide the formulation, preparation and maintenance of policy wordings, on-line underwriting manuals, resource tools and underwriting systems.
- Mentor and provide underwriting guidance to all team members. You are patient and enjoy engaging through one on one sessions, team open forums, and presentations.
- Direct underwriting audit process including follow up support to ensure action plans to address issues identified in the audit occur in a timely fashion.
Who you are…
- You pay attention to details, details, details! You MUST have 10-15 years of commercial auto underwriting experience, with at least 5 at a specialist level. You understand compliance and regulations across ALL provinces. You stay focused, and nothing falls through the cracks on your watch.
- You enjoy solving problems. Nothing ruffles your feathers. If you don’t know the answer, you keep digging until you find it, or you create it!
- Communication is your strong suit. You write well and speak eloquently. You can explain just about anything to anyone, across many channels. Bonus points if you are bilingual too!
Our client is a Canadian company who pride themselves on being a leader in underwriting commercial and specialty insurance. They are big on work/life balance and compensate extremely well—they offer the full package. Ongoing education and training are also encouraged to maximize your potential and growth within the firm.
Who We Are…
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Kim Ehman at 587-702-5702 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com.