Multi Line Claims Adjuster
Join our client in their fab new office! In this position you will be servicing high profile clients with their bodily injury and liability claims.
Location: Burnaby - easily accesible by transit
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of claims. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves. In this position you will be handling general liability claims of moderate exposure and complexity dealing with bodily injury and liability claims.
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Handles claims consistent with our clients and corporate policies, procedures and “Best Practices” and also in accordance to any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex insurance/lease contracts and changes in the interpretation as a result of case or statuary law.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices. Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in the handling of claims.
- Knowledge of TPA business, include SIR, Captives, Deductibles.
- A functional knowledge of legal statutes and procedures.
- Time management skills.
- Strong Organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by your ability convey professionalism.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs, like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional customer services skills.
- College/University degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Partial or Completed CIP or FCIP preferred.
- 2+ or more years of claims-handling experience in bodily injury, 1st party property. Experience working in a commercial lines claims environment would be an asset.
- Level 1 or 2 insurance license
Interested candidates please contact Affia at 778-383-9790 x 104 and forward your resume in confidence.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.