HUB International’s vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. HUB continues to grow and seeking a dynamic Personal Insurance Account Manager to join our Markham, Ontario office, who can manage an existing book of business. This is an ideal role for a strong team player who is detailed oriented, enjoys working with people and has a commitment to deliver results on required deadlines. This role will require a flexible individual to adapt to the growth of the business and reports directly into the Team Lead, Personal Insurance.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
- Manage all aspects of an existing book of business
- Handle incoming/outgoing client query calls efficiently as well as priority mail (non-renewals/registered letters)
- Ensure new business and retention targets are met, including by means of re-marketing
- Act on cross-sell opportunities and obtain referrals where possible
- Upsell existing clients. Place outgoing touch base calls on a regular basis
- Conduct pro-active mid-renewal calls to all customers within the portfolio to review information and provide advice accordingly
- Prompt response to all customer inquiries by providing effective and efficient customer service to verbal and written inquiries.
- Resolving client concerns and complaints while ensuring that service excellence standards are met
- Input and update customer data and document TAM on all customer interactions
- Maintain acceptable accounts receivable and underwriting knowledge of each market while utilizing portals for policy changes/inquiries
- Assist in training junior team members where required
- Rate and quote new and renewal personal lines risks
- Keep up to date of industry best practices and company procedures including participating in training and education seminars for further knowledge
Qualifications & Experience :
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 - 3 years’ experience in the insurance industry, preferably within Personal Lines
- RIBO license required
- Team player with the ability to work within production and service teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel)
- Experience with EPIC broker management system an asset
- Entrepreneurship - encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
- Balance - balancing corporate duty with personal growth
- Integrity – doing things right every time
- Teamwork – working together to maximize results
- Discipline - focused on goals
- Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
- Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.