Gallagher Bassett Canada Inc. is seeking two experienced claims adjusters to join our Toronto and Burnaby BC claim teams.
Position Summary: Claims Adjuster – Property/ Bodily Injury
Responsible for the investigation, evaluation, disposition and settlement of claims. This includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages and the setting of proper reserves. In this position you will be handling general liability claims of moderate exposure and dealing with bodily injury, property damage, and Auto.
- Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
- Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
- Handles claims consistent with our clients and corporate policies, procedures and “Best Practices” and also in accordance to any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Documents and communicates all claim activity timely and effectively and in a manner which supports the outcome of the claim file.
- Ability to understand Property claims, review, evaluate property damage estimates.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex insurance/lease contracts and changes in the interpretation as a result of case or statutory law.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices. Analytical skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues inherent in the handling of claims.
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
- Knowledge of TPA business, include SIR, Captives, Deductibles.
- Knowledge of various property estimating programs.
- Litigation management experience, including participation in mediations and pre-trials.
- Strong coverage skills, ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment.
- A functional knowledge of legal statutes and procedures.
- Time management skills.
- Strong Organization skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as demonstrated by your ability convey professionalism.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs, like Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional customer services skills.
- College/University degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Partial or Completed CIP or FCIP preferred.
- 5 or more years of extensive claims-handling experience in bodily injury, 1st party property
- Experience working in a commercial lines claims environment.
- Partially or fully licensed and/or certified in provinces in which claims are being handled.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to work in conjunction with and support all administration management, supervisory and staff positions. Advanced client and carrier relationship skills.