Position Summary – Claims Supervisor - Property and Bodily Injury
Supervises an adjusting, administrative or technical support staff while adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Interviewing and training of new staff in procedures and job related functions.
- Reviews and assigns claims or tasks to staff.
- Advanced customer and carrier relationship skills.
- Communicate appropriate information to staff.
- Identify problem areas related to performance and personnel issues.
- Identify and participate in training and developmental needs of staff.
- Conducts, assist in or supervise employee training and orientation.
- Review job performance, hiring and merit reviews subject to manager’s approval.
- Ensure and maintain appropriate licenses or certifications of claims handlers for all provinces in which claims are being handled.
- Other duties as assigned
Good quantitative, analytical and communication skills, knowledge of all job related functions of subordinates. Proficiency in word, excel and lotus notes. Demonstrate adjusting, negotiating skills and a thorough knowledge of Product Standards and provincial laws and regulations. Working knowledge of Litigation procedures. Knowledge in General Liability, Auto and Property. Exceptional organizational and time management skills required. French would be an asset.
Appropriately licensed and/or certified in all provinces which claims oversight and direction is being provided.
Supervision of Others
Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead a team of technical and skilled claims adjusters.
College/University degree, Partial/Full completion of CIP.
5 years adjusting experience and a minimum 5 years of supervision.