Senior Commercial Property & Casualty Underwriter
Our client is looking for a creative and resourceful insurance professional who daydreams about analyzing risk. To be the candidate chosen you must be able to provide ingenious solutions to the brokers, use your positive and enthusiastic demeanor to sway and motivate others, all the while maintaining excellent relationships with customers and external business partners. Our client expects hard work and in turn they will work hard for you. You will work alongside some of the industry’s leading professionals as you begin to distinguish yourself as well.
Who you are:
- You have at least 7 years (1 dog year) of Commercial P&C Underwriting experience
- You have so many insurance designations your business card is twice as long as most
- The term “manuscript readings” reminds you more of insurance than it does of the middle ages
- Your technical ability, analytical prowess, and creative problem-solving skills are what separate you from the pack
- Negotiation is your middle name and/or you’re really good at negotiating
- Customer service comes so naturally to you that people ask you “do you work here?” even when you are in places where you think it's quite obvious that you do not work there
- There isn’t a medium of communication that has ever prevented you from getting exactly what you want to say across
- Change doesn’t scare you because there isn’t a situation that you haven’t prepared for
- Your time management is so precise that you haven’t been late since 97’
What you will be doing:
- As an underwriter you will be presented with the challenge of quoting new business while simultaneously maintaining the previously generated business
- You will negotiate coverage and rates
- Refer business onwards that exceeds your authority level
- Complete all the necessary paperwork for your business
- You will grow and maintain business relationships with brokers
- Support as well as learn from coworkers
- Work within a team to develop and reach personal and group goals
- Complete special projects and other duties when called upon to do so
About the company:
Our client is known across Canada as one of the premier employers in the insurance industry. They understand that happy employees lead to happy customers. Canadian businesses consistently turn to our client for creative risk solutions and it is no wonder that they have become one of the nation's leaders in multi-line insurance products. The work/life balance for employees is second to none. With our client you will enjoy all of the expected benefits plus many additional ones such as, but not limited to: a 35 hour work week, paid volunteer opportunities, a share purchase plan, many performance recognition opportunities and numerous career development opportunities. This is just a taste of the lifestyle that you will be able to enjoy as you continue your rise to the top of the insurance industry if you choose to join our client.
Who We Are:
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-702-5829 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.