To analyze and underwrite new and renewal business, under limited direction, utilizing Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on highly complex assignments ensuring a high level service to customers.
Client Externally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
• Serve as key contact for assigned target accounts.
• Measure exposure/analyze risk.
• Provide expertise on coverage issues with claims programs and guidelines.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working on time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
- Experience working in a team environment
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Microsoft Office experience
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.