EVEREST INSURANCE COMPANY OF CANADA
Everest Insurance Company of Canada (“Everest Canada”) is a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. (“Group”). The Group is a Bermuda-based global reinsurer and insurer with roughly US$24 billion in assets, US$8 billion in shareholders equity writing over US$5 billion in annual gross written premium across all business platforms. Everest Canada was re-established in 2011 to serve the specialty commercial lines property and casualty insurance market in Canada, and has over C$264 million in assets, more than C$51million in equity and is experiencing strong growth.
Everest Canada is seeking a motivated and energetic individual to join our Company in the position of Commercial Underwriting Assistant, Everest Underwriting Partners.
As a key member of Everest’s programs division and reporting to the Director of the department, you will provide underwriting support to our underwriters. You will be accountable for day to day program business handling and be tasked with pro-actively and effectively communicating with our brokers to ensure that all information is complete and up to date with respects to overall program business processing.
- Handle internal processing of Everest program business, including coding and booking of monthly premium bordereaux to Everest Canada financials.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with contracted program brokers including follow up with brokers on monthly bordereau submissions due to Everest and verification of data to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Work with underwriting team on new program opportunities and processing requirements according to current underwriting approach and philosophy in a service oriented environment.
- Seek to gain a full understanding of Everest corporate underwriting philosophies, program business authority and guidelines.
- Special projects and other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
SKILLS REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum one to three (1-3) years of progressive commercial underwriting experience.
- Experience in program underwriting administration and support.
- Experience in the following lines of business:
- Commercial Property and Inland Marine
- General Liability including Products Liability
- Excess and/or Umbrella Liability
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical and computer skills.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Ability to maintain excellent relations with brokers and provide superior service.
- Team oriented and ability to work effectively with peers.
- Strong prioritization skills to meet daily demand and deadlines to meet all service requirements.
- CIP designation or actively working towards completion of CIP courses.
- Bilingualism (French and English) a very strong asset.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please note that only those indviduals selected for an interview will be contacted.