HUB International’s vision is to be the leading sales and service organization in the insurance industry. HUB International’s office in Chatham-Kent continue to grow and is currently looking for a strong hands-on Manager responsible for leading a team of Account Managers, Advisors and Associates. This is an ideal role for someone who brings a strong Broker background, customer focused approach and people leadership experience. This will be an 18 month contract position that could be based out of our Wallaceburg, Chatham or Sarnia area.
Choose a career with HUB International and take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse, challenging work environment with financial security and satisfaction. By joining HUB you will become part of rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth. HUB is a company where your contributions will make a difference.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Manages the operational workflow of the Insurance Sales and Service team process, new business, endorsement and renewal
- Maintains knowledge of relevant laws regarding insurance and changes in the local insurance market place
- Works closely to build trusted relations with our insurers and focuses on strategy and direction as provided by Senior Leadership
- Hosts frequent team meetings to provide updates on monthly goals and changes to insurance industry
- Ensures that all department timeliness guidelines are met
- Manages team’s performance, annual review cycle and hold employee’s accountable towards annual goals and job metrics; Develop and monitor development plans through progressive discipline process up to and including termination, as required
- Provides training, ongoing coaching and guidelines for each of the department processes
- Manages and ensures proper staffing for team so as to maintain service standards and commitments are met; partners with Human Resources team to drive new hire recruitment process
- Manages team’s compensation
- The ‘go-to’ leader for the front line Brokers with the ability to handle multi-task, answers questions and inquiries promptly and consistently in a friendly warm manner.
- Would be required to travel between our Wallaceburg, Chatham, Thamesville, Sarnia and Petrolia locations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years Leadership/Managerial experience in leading people
- Minimum 5+ years Insurance experience
- CIP / CAIB an asset
- College Diploma/University Degree or equivalent experience
- RIBO License
- Insurance Brokerage experience
- Experience with Personal Lines multiple markets and various company portals
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Insurance broker experience desired with multiple markets
- Excellent problem solving skills and customer focused
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Epic broker management system experience an asset or other systems
- People management experience: onboarding, training, performance management and staffing
Entrepreneurship- encouraging innovation and educate risk taking
Balance - balancing corporate duty with personal growth
Integrity – doing things right every time
Teamwork – working together to maximize results
Discipline - focused on goals
Accountability – measure and take responsibility for outcomes
Service - serving customers, communities, and colleagues
HUB International offers a full spectrum of insurance and related services, including Property/Casualty, Home & Auto, Employee Benefits, Wealth Management and Risk Services, to a large and diverse client base. Internationally we are a leading insurance brokerage offering products and services with offices in Canada and the US. Take the first step toward creating a future that combines a diverse and challenging work environment in a rapidly growing company that offers significant opportunity for advancement and growth.