MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Underwriting, rating and re-rating of all lines of business as well as determining risk acceptable within prescribed authority levels.
- Completion of endorsements for all lines of business, including amending of rating, territories as well as determining risk acceptability within authority levels.
- Assist or perform mentoring and training of Level 1 underwriters with respect to technical issues.
- As a team member, participate in processing of incoming applications, endorsements and renewals within associated authority levels making decisions in regard to issues, applications, endorsements and phone calls as necessary.
- On daily basis participate in the re-underwriting of renewals for all lines of business, including re-rating or cancelling of policies as may be required.
- Respond to enquiries from either external or internal customers regarding rating issues of new business, endorsements, renewals, payment issues and provide direction as may be required within authority levels.
- On a daily basis, determine course of action to be taken with respect to claims advisory memos received, determine whether policy action is required, correspond with agents/brokers as may be required to resolve issues and if necessary cancel or re-rate policy if required within authority levels.
- Communicate effectively with brokers concerning business underwriting by Echelon
- All other pertinent tasks as may be deemed necessary by reporting manager
- Extensive background in personal lines underwriting
- Strong technical underwriting knowledge of Personal Auto and Specialty Lines (Antiques, Motor homes, Trailers, Motorcycles), and Habitational Business.
- Exceptional analytical skills and portfolio analysis to recognize trends paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively at all levels
- Identifies, meets and exceeds customer expectations
- Ability to identify problems and resolve problems
- A team player with a positive attitude to achieve excellent service delivery
- Adaptable to a changing environment
- I.P. certification/designation or working towards this certification
- Minimum five years experience
- Sound technical knowledge of all Personal Insurance lines of business written by Echelon.
- Possess and demonstrate ability to lead and mentor more junior staff who may seek counsel.
- Ability to prioritize and multi task to ensure that all required work gets completed.
- Possess and demonstrate ability to deal in a professional and positive manner when dealing with any external or internal customers.
- Fluently bilingual
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Echelon Insurance is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. Should you require any accommodation please let Human Resources know so that we can accommodate your individual accessibility needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.