We are looking for an Underwriting Assistant to join our Halifax Office. The successful candidate will provide intentional and proactive administrative support to the Commercial Underwriting team.
If you have a passion for insurance, strong attention to detail and are a self-starter this is an excellent opportunity to take your career to the next level.
- Perform the entry and issuance of new business, renewals and endorsement documents
- Provide timely issuance of insurance documents to support our commitment to our service standards for our customers
- Order loss control reports based on company criteria and instruction
- Send recommendations to the broker and perform follow up in accordance with underwriter’s instructions
- Maintain tracking logs
- Send out various correspondences such as recommendation letters, decline or lapse letters, and notice of cancellations to our customers
- Prepare basic file set up of documents based on company procedures and/or underwriter instruction
- Filing of policies
- Investigate and reconcile accounting discrepancies under the guidance/referral of underwriters or accounting department
- Prepare reinsurance closings, check reinsurance certificates and refer to underwriter for sign off
- Processing of mail
- Answer internal/external inquiries
- Assist team with work flow and make suggestions for improvement
- Support and maintain good relations and portray a professional image with co-workers and our internal/external clients
- Support department as needed
- Experience in commercial property/casualty insurance preferred
- Proven organizational and administration skills
- Energetic team player
- Exceptional customer service skills are required
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
Your Next Steps:
To learn more about the impact you can make, apply to join Sovereign’s talented team of professionals and stand out from the crowd!
Apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please state the job title in your email subject line.
The Sovereign General Insurance Company is a trusted source of risk solutions for Canadian businesses. Operating in six offices across Canada, Sovereign is a leader in empowered underwriting in commercial and specialty insurance operations. Sovereign is proud to carry an AM Best A- (Excellent) rating and to be recognized once again with Aon Hewitt Gold Level Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada for 2017. Canadian owned and operated since 1953, Sovereign is a part of The Co?operators group of companies, a leading Canadian provider of multi-line insurance products with assets of more than $14.5 billion.
Why Choose Sovereign?
- We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and encourage a positive work/life balance.
- We help you maximize your potential through ongoing training and educational opportunities.
- We focus on our people as our most important resource, the knowledge, expertise, creativity and empowerment of our insurance professionals sets us apart.
For more information about Sovereign, please visit: http://www.sovereigngeneral.com/public_docs/careers/WhySovereign.php
The Co-operators group of companies is committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you have a disability which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.