This is your opportunity to join a dynamic organization, grow your career, and contribute your expertise in the role of Senior Underwriter, Commercial Lines. The successful candidate will execute with the client in mind while they review and evaluate applications to determine risk, extent of coverage and premiums, and accept or reject applications based on established criteria. Previous commercial technical underwriting experience and strong business acumen are essential for this role. More specifically, this opportunity will include the following roles and responsibilities:
- Conduct analysis to determine risk on new business, renewals and endorsements
- Evaluate and make recommendations for or against coverage based on the risk rating
- Complete rating and reinsurance worksheets as required
- Prepare quotes for commercial business
- Negotiate coverage and rates with clients
- Assist in developing a team-oriented approach to meeting department goals and objectives including written premium and profitability objectives
- Assist with internal audit process by auditing individual files for compliance with company procedures
- Develop and maintain positive and constructive relationships with distribution partners
- Participate in client visits to assist in identifying and developing underwriting opportunities
- Obtain information from our distribution partners regarding overall quality of service
- Contribute to the development and implementation of improved service
- Provide advice and guidance regarding underwriting authority (including approvals) to less experienced underwriting staff
- Provide training and mentoring to less experienced underwriting staff
- Support and promote a positive, team oriented approach
- Assist with internal audits reviewing new business quality
- Undertake projects as required
- Maintain files, records and other information as required
- Minimum 7 years underwriting experience
- CIP/FCIP designation required
- Strong problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills
- Able to effectively prioritize and organize workload
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Fully bilingual (French/English) in a professional capacity
Apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please state the job title in your email subject line and include a cover letter.
Who We Are...
Federated Agencies Limited is wholly owned subsidiary of the Co-operators group of companies. As a National Brokerage, Federated Agencies finds commercial insurance solutions for Member Owners of The Co-operators group of companies and their members. As well, Federated Agencies is the brokerage partner for the Co-operators agency distribution force to place complex and specialty commercial and personal lines insurance solutions.
Insurance products include both personal and commercial lines with a focus on complex and specialty products such as director's and officer's liability, environmental liability and commercial property liability products.
Wealth Management products include RRIF's, LIF's, annuities, investment funds and coverage for accident and sickness.
Federated Agencies is part of the Co-operators group of companies. For more information, please visit: http://www.cooperators.ca
The Co-operators group of companies are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview and you require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.