To apply for this position, please visit https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1149047 (or go to www.canada.ca/government-jobs of the Public Service Commission of Canada).
Senior Analyst, Property and Casualty Insurance Capital
Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institution
The Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) is an independent federal government agency that regulates and supervises more than 400 federally regulated financial institutions and 1,200 pension plans to determine whether they are in sound financial condition and meeting their requirements. Federally regulated financial institutions include all banks in Canada, and all federally incorporated or registered trust and loan companies, insurance companies, cooperative credit associations, fraternal benefit societies and private pension plans.
Position Title: Senior Analyst, Property and Casualty Insurance Capital (RE-06)
Job Tenure: Indeterminate
Salary Range: $93,800 to $121,500
Language Requirement: English
Closing Date: 27 April 2018
Duties: The Senior Analyst, Property and Casualty Insurance Capital leads the research, development, interpretation and promotion of better understanding with respect to property and casualty insurance regulatory capital policies and guidance for application in Canada and may participates in similar work at an international level as on OSFI representative.
The Senior Analyst, Property and Casualty Insurance Capital has expertise related to i) risks faced by property and casualty insurers and their corresponding measurement ii) the determination of capital requirements standards iii) international developments on capital standards and iv) property and casualty insurance products and markets, complex transactions and their capital treatment, both under the standard and under insurer-specific model-based approaches.
The Senior Analyst, Property and Casualty Insurance Capital is expected to provide specialist support to other divisions/sectors within OSFI to promote a better understanding of capital standards with internal and external stakeholders.
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized university with an acceptable specialization in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, accounting, business administration, finance, law or similar quantitative discipline OR
- A professional designation relevant to the duties of the position:
- Actuarial Designation: Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FCIA), or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or
- Accounting Designation: Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified General Accountant (CGA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) OR
- An acceptable combination of education, training, and experience.
- Significant and recent experience in numerical analysis related to issues associated with the financial sector.
- Experience in developing recommendations and writing correspondence, reports, or briefing notes to senior management regarding issues associated with the financial sector.
- Experience applying research methodology.
- Experience using various data analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of the various risks facing Canadian property and casualty insurance companies.
- Knowledge of the current issues related to Canadian property and casualty insurance companies.
- Knowledge of OSFI’s capital framework currently applicable to federally regulated property and casualty insurers.
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Critical Thinking
- Results Oriented
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally to various audiences.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts effectively in writing.
To apply for this position or for more information, please visit https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1149047 (or go to www.canada.ca/government-jobs of the Public Service Commission of Canada).