Description de l'offre d'emploi
I am searching for a Senior Group Benefits Consultant who has the ability to lead existing client relationships while providing benefits consulting services and participate in business development opportunities actively supporting the growth of the practice.
Title: Senior Benefits Consultant
Location: Toronto (Work from home is available)
- Provide consulting services and strategic advice to a wide range of mid to large market clients;
- Provide analysis of clients’ financial and underwriting results;
- In coordination with technical team, prepare reports and letters, and other related group benefit projects;
- Provide advanced technical advice and expertise to clients (including plan design recommendations, costings, documentation, reviews, etc.) as necessary to advance business interests;
- Act as a role model for technical excellence, ensuring adherence to technical, professional and ethical standards;
- Write and deliver presentations and communications to clients and/or prospects that are well-prepared, powerful and persuasive;
- Identify gaps between client needs and existing services;
- Propose and develop service enhancements, adding to the company’s product and service portfolio and intellectual capital;
- Establish strong working relationships internally with peers and team members to collaborate and partner on issues;
- Continually review client accounts and relationships and recommend ways to enhance the value the company brings to the client based on a deep understanding of the client’s business and insight into industry trends;
- Establish and cultivate relationships with current clients to position new opportunities that meet and exceed client expectations; and
- Participate in business development efforts with client prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Commerce, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or related discipline, or equivalent years of industry experience;
- Minimum eight (8) years of progressive experience in a group benefits consulting /insurance environment;
- Life License is required;
- Commitment to professional development. Completion of CEBS, FLMI or LOMA is preferred;
- Health and benefits consulting expertise required, along with business and industry acumen, strategic thinking, client focus and team orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large block of clients and large client teams;
- Strong technical expertise and the proven ability to remain current with respect to industry trends, provincial and federal legislative policies and changes;
- Ability to establish relationships at the executive level with existing and prospective clients for purposes of understanding the short/long term needs of clients, identifying business development opportunities and negotiating and closing consulting assignments;
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills in developing solutions for complex client/business issues;
- Proven organization skills and the ability to effectively coordinate the delivery of projects and advisory services;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Detail and results-oriented;
- Able to balance multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines; and
- Positive attitude combined with a desire to contribute to the success of the company.
Competitive compensation, commissions, paid benefits, pension contribution and match
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.