Description de l'offre d'emploi
Title: Financial Lines Underwriter (Bilingual)
Location: Toronto or Montreal
The role of the Underwriter is to market, underwrite and produce profitable business. The position will entail marketing, and underwriting new and renewal business in accordance with Company objectivities and policies. The Underwriter must have the ability to relate to people easily in order to develop effective customer partnerships.
- Responsible for an assigned book of business in which account information is evaluated, underwritten and priced within authority guidelines. Has responsibility for risk selection/rejection, retention, growth and profitability within scope of authority and per divisional objectives.
- The position requires the ability to assess a variety of transactions (including IPO’s, mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy emergence), life cycle phases (from start-up to mature/declining) and levels of sophistication (sole proprietorships to Fortune 500)
- The underwriter is expected to perform in depth financial statement and securities valuation analysis of prospective risks and make recommendations on pricing and terms consistent with underwriting guidelines.
- Maintains a high level of customer service. Communicates directly with Brokers to develop and maintain strong relationships. Promptly issues quotes, policies and endorsements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be bilingual in French and English (able to speak, read and write in both languages).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or other Business related field, inclusive of financial statement analysis skills.
- Underwriting/Insurance experience considered an asset.
- High level of organizational skills, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in order to leverage excellent customer relationships, and to provide opportunities for marketing products and services.
- Able to work in a small office setting.
- Must be open to travel, including occasional overnight travel.
Compensation: Competitive salary, paid benefits, pension match, bonus and profit sharing
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavor to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.