Insurance Brokers Association of Ontario

How Do You Become an Insurance Broker?

Obtain a RIBO Level I license, which will allow you to sell habitational (Personal & Commercial),
auto and travel insurance, and liability coverage under the supervision of a Level ll licensed

To get your license you must pass the RIBO Level I exam and gain employment at a RIBO
registered general insurance brokerage within one year of the exam. Employment or
sponsorship isn’t required to write it, but is a requirement for your license to be registered.

Click here for more information on how to become an insurance broker.