You only have 2 minutes... Are you able to introduce yourself and leave a lasting impression?
You only have one chance to make a first impression, and only one chance to make a good first impression. Sometimes you don't have all the time in the world to introduce yourself. Make it quick, get to the point, and make the connection. Are you ready to nail your 2-minute elevator pitch? Follow these 5 tips:
1. Goal – Make sure your purpose is clear to the other party. Transparency is key!
2. What You Do – Identify what it is that you are currently doing.
3. What They Do – Make sure the other party is aware that you know what they do. It is important to express that you have done your research.
4. What Can You Do For Them – Draw the connection between what you do and what they do. How are you of benefit to them?
5. Close With a Question – Although it’s your elevator pitch, you want to be engaging the other person. Have a question prepared to gain their insights.