Link insurance has been a family owned and operated insurance brokerage for 35 years, with 13 locations in Calgary & Edmonton. Link Insurance has long enjoyed a reputation in our industry for exceptional front line underwriting and knowledgeable brokers who value their customers and believe in providing first class personal service and professional advice.
We are seeking a Personal lines insurance advisor in our Edgemont(NW) office in Calgary. The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of a Level 1 Agents license
- Completed CIP or CAIB designation or working towards it.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the industry would be preferred.
- Experience with new business and midterm processing on Company portals such as Aviva, Intact, and Travelers.
- Experience with POWERBROKER system would be an asset.
- Proficiency in using Applied Rating tools such as CompuQuote and IClarify.
- Intermediate level skills on Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Word & Excel
- Ability to work in a paperless environment with the high level of accurate documentation that demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and decision making skills with the proven ability to multi task and prioritize conflicting demands and priorities
- Professionalism & Respect in all dealings with clients, colleagues & Insurer personnel
- Ability to work well independently while contributing positively to the whole efforts of the team.
Summary of Duties:
- Grow and retain existing book of clients.
- Continuously educate clients on optimal coverage and protection which will lead to cross-selling and up-selling.
- Uncover any commercial opportunities within the existing accounts and actively seek out commercial business from new clients, referrals and walk-ins.
- Assisting in-person customers, sharing responsibility to answer all incoming phone calls with all other staff.
- Ensure all funds collected are deposited in our Scotia bank Trust Account on a daily basis.
- Upload all new business, endorsements in vendor systems
- Track monthly new business production and cancellations.
- Review Monthly Expiry Lists and contact clients on renewal for file review and ensure to maximize all available coverage offerings
- Document all interactions with clients in Power Broker
- Enter in Expiry Dates for prospective clients in Power Broker to generate new business.
- Establish and maintain a regular routine of creating / checking and clearing abeyances
- Attend all vendor/company training sessions as necessary to obtain CE credits for licence renewal
- Attend all mandatory in-house training sessions for upgrading of skills. This may involve travelling to other Link offices on occasion
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates please forward your resume in confidence to Sheroo@Linkinsurance.ca or call 403-619-5619.
We thank all interested parties, however only those with the minimum of our necessary requirements will be contacted.