Our client based downtown Toronto is looking to grow!
Senior Commercial Auto Underwriters
To analyze and underwrite new and renewal business, under general direction, utilizing the company's Underwriting Framework within delegated authority levels on assignments of higher technical complexity ensuring a high level service to customers.
The job’s core deliverables rely on delivering service to external clients and/or customers. Typically involves building relationships and promoting the company.
• Knowledge of line/s of business and the legal and regulatory guidelines
• Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
• Experience with Microsoft Office
- 2 or more years of commercial auto experience in Underwriting
• Bachelors Degree
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior cross border auto experience
- Prior experience in large commercial fleets
• Underwrite and analyze new and renewal business utilizing the company's Underwriting framework and within delegated authority levels on assignment of higher technical complexity and coordination.
• Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
• Develop, maintain & collaborate with Line of Business representatives on referrals and other business related needs, as appropriate.
• May provide guidance to lower level associates.
• Develop and maintain relationships with distributors (agents & brokers) in support of business retention and acquisition and works with customers and distributors (agents & brokers) to determine their insurance related needs and provide solutions.
• Supports the sales culture by being a Help Point for agents, brokers and customers.
• Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
• Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities
• Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
• Make broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose
• Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
• Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account
• Participate in Sales Team meeting as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
• Proactively engage in the target account process, managing a qualified list of opportunities 90 to 120 days prior to effective date.
• Update required systems with details of broker / client visits and account status within specified time frame.
• Serve as key cpmpany contact for assigned target accounts.
• Calculate Target Price accurately by utilizing underwriting tools appropriately.
• Measure exposures/analyze risk.
• Quote and set coverage, negotiate terms and conditions.
• Service accounts, handles declination's/cancellations.
• Participate in marketing presentations to assigned agents/brokers.
• Provide technical advice that enables a customer to solve a problem or improve business.
• Develop and maintain positive customer relationships by meeting regularly with customers when no specific initiative is underway.
• Anticipate customer needs, monitor trends in order to recommend changes.
• Analyze needs, develop and recommend alternatives for improvements to processes, customer service or products.
• Lead short-term (3 to 9 months) defined scope projects.
• Business Travel, as required
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 416.868.6711 x.226 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.