POSITION TITLE: Senior Account Executive
REPORTING TO: Manager, Brokerage Operations
University or community college
Must possess a RIBO license or have the ability to obtain one. Preferred candidate would have other industry credentials such as CIP/FCIP, CAIB, CRM.
Minimum of 5 years commercial general insurance and or brokerage working experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Well organized with the ability to multi-task
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality
- Highly developed presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Exceptional time management skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in sensitive and confidential situations
- Advanced computer proficiency with special emphasis on the Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Superior analytical skills
- Valid Ontario Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond orally or in writing to complex queries/requests from clients regarding coverage’s for all Brokerage policies including program lines such as Property, Equipment Breakdown, Travel/Occupational Accident and Auto, as well as non-program lines such as Clinical Trials, Foreign Jurisdictions, Excess Cyber, Legal Expense and
- Review and provide recommendations on complex contracts/agreements such as funding/affiliation agreements, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, non-domestic agreements and clinical
- Proactively review client policies, identify potential gaps and provide appropriate coverage
- Make regular contacts with subscribers through web-ex’s and in-person meetings. Prepare reports and presentations for subscribers’ executive teams, boards and audit/finance
- Complete a file review at renewal with larger clients by reviewing coverage’s, providing education and making appropriate Advise Account Executives of any agreed upon changes for the policy renewal term.
- Maintain expertise on all policy wordings and be able to manage complicated coverage
- Proactively review existing clients’ policies to identify areas for coverage
- Present coverage solutions to subscribers and be able to answer coverage related inquiries including claims scenarios and policy
- Prospect new subscribers and maintain relationships with the appropriate
- Respond to RFP’s including providing insurance terms, formalizing response and providing additional information required (ie. questions on workflow, processes, organizational history, )
- Promptly advise Account Executives and Client Service Representatives of any new policies that have been bound and any non-program renewals that have been agreed
- Promptly forward all insurer documentation to Account Executives and Client Service Representatives once
- Follow-up with client on any invoices that remain outstanding.
- Act as initial contact for all non-liability
- Provide advice to clients that have experienced claims and review to help determine coverage availability, deductibles, premium implications, etc.
- Meet regularly with claims examiners to discuss coverage issues and specific claims
- Work with client to gather appropriate underwriting information; determine appropriate market; present terms and bind the policy with the
- Maintain relationships with underwriters and other key staff of our various insurance
- Review subscriber and health care literature and industry publication for changing needs and
- Consult with HIROC staff in other departments regarding various issues and special
- Supervise activities of Client Service Representative staff in Brokerage on document processing or client
- Assist in the training of new staff and mentoring of Account
HOURS OF WORK:
May be required to attend after hours functions/meetings.
Normal working conditions in an office setting. Some travel will be required mostly in GTA (Approx 20% of time).
In order to be considered for this position, please include a current résumé or detailed qualifications summary with your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
HIROC is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders, including our subscribers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, the public and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and its associated standards and regulations and will ensure that we offer a safe and welcoming environment that is respectful of each person's dignity and independence.
As an organization, HIROC is dedicated to meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely manner. We understand that providing a barrier- free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, we are committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility a reality for all.