Our client needs a Claims Advisor who is a true professional to work as a liaison between client and insurer in resolving claims. The successful candidate will be fair, equitable with a strong work ethic. Are you up for the challenge?
Main Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing policies, gathering facts and information, analyzing coverage, and recommending solutions.
- Educates internal and external clients on claims coverage.
- Negotiates payments and reimbursements with the insurers on the client’s behalf.
- Provides timely updates to client and client executive.
- Documents proper and up to date information accurately into the EPIC system.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with Adjusters, Insurers and related trades and suppliers.
- Proactively identifies challenges with clients or systems and reports to the appropriate person.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Creates and maintains accurate reporting to claims management and/or clients including major losses and trends.
- Other duties to support Claims Manager as required.
- 4-5 years as a field adjuster including property and casualty claims.
- Examining experience considered an asset.
- Level 1 General Agent License or able to obtain this license
- Excellent knowledge of policy wordings and coverage interpretation
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good project management and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and EPIC
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver’s license. (Travel will be required for some claims).
About the Company:
Our client is a leading employee-owned and operated commercial insurance brokerage and consulting services firm in 12 cities across Canada. The key to their success has always been their passionate and engaged team! Creativity, leadership and entrepreneurship are valued, and they believe in their employees. Come join this dynamic, fast-paced environment!
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-525-5536 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.