We put people first.
Gore Mutual was founded on the spirit of innovation and collaboration. Genuine personal service is at the heart of everything we do. We take pride in creating an environment where employees can develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Our outlook is bold, bright and positive.
The Senior Casualty Claims Representative is responsible for:
- Investigating, evaluating, and settling moderate to serious bodily injury claims, including auto BI and general liability claims
- Coordinating loss investigation through independent adjusters and field advisors
- Providing direction to legal counsel on litigated claims
- Proactively managing your desk by working to deadlines, keeping clear notes, and maintaining timely and accurate reserves
- Preparing large files for discussion and review with our claims leadership team when setting and amending reserves
The skills and experience you need to make a difference:
- Minimum of four years casualty claims adjusting experience required
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent experience required
- Commercial General Liability experience preferred
- Chartered Insurance Professional designation preferred
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
After proven success in the role, this position allows the flexibility of working from home.