As a Commercial Account Assistant, you will be responsible for providing support to all the Commercial Lines Insurance staff. You must be a self-starter with a strong attention to detail, great communication skills, a sense of urgency, and the ability to meet tight deadlines. Your ability to build strong relationships with clients and drive to provide exceptional customer service will be paramount to your success in this role.
- Properly maintain insurance certificates, binders, statement of values, proposals and processing of client files
- Updating rate/premium histories and premium comparisons
- Responding to client inquiries in a timely manner
- Inputting data into computer database and setting-up client and prospect screening
- Update claims histories and assist in processing new policies, renewals and client invoices
- Provide assistance where required by account managers
Our client is an internationally recognized insurance firm that provides leading insurance product and services offerings to their clients. They provide a work atmosphere that rewards hard work, and provides the tools for those to advance their career quickly. A positive work/life balance is important to our client, as well as the ability for staff to build lasting relationships with clients.
You are a dedicated professional who shows an entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to work hard. If you are enthusiastic and looking to take the next step in moving forward with a company that can provide you a door into a world of opportunities, then this job is for you.
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent work experience;
- 1-2 years of commercial insurance account experience required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with insurance broker management systems
- Effective organizational, time and client management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Level 1 General Insurance License is considered an asset
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.