Our client has an exciting opportunity for a talented Intermediate Personal Lines Underwriter. The successful candidate will enjoy an intellectual challenge and be a self-starter, team player, and committed to a long-term career in the insurance industry. As an Intermediate Personal Lines Underwriter, you will review insurance applications to evaluate, classify, and rate moderate-to-complex risks. In addition, you will manage relationships across varied sources including internal and external partners.
- Establish and maintain professional business partnerships with brokers to provide underwriting, consulting and education services.
- Recommend, implement and maintain the effective underwriting policies, processes, and practices.
- Work with brokers to develop new business, endorsements, and renewals which will help grow the book without sacrificing the loss ratio.
Our client is committed to excellence with a focus in customer service and employee development. They offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program, along with a friendly an upbeat culture. Their collaborative approach in the workplace means that you will be able to bounce ideas off of like-minded individuals as you all strive for excellence.
- 3 years’ personal lines auto and property underwriting experience
- Post-secondary education and completion of CIP designation is preferred
- Experience in a broker office, would be an asset
- Knowledge of the regional insurance market and the brokers within the market is considered an asset
- Strong negotiation skills
- Enjoy coaching and mentoring peers
Finding and assessing great people within the insurance industry is what we do at DGA Careers all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivaled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates, please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.