Our client is seeking an experienced insurance professional to join their team as Senior Underwriter. The qualified individual will be a strong team player who is client focused, driven, and enjoys utilizing their technical expertise to assess, analyze, negotiate, rate, and issue renewal and new business. The Senior Underwriter role is responsible for achieving profit and underwriting objectives for a specified book/portfolio of business.
Our client is a large Canadian company with a long-standing insurance history and an impressive client reach. They value a strong work ethic and are committed to building a collaborative internal culture that thrives off utilizing cutting edge modern systems and practices to ensure top-notch customer service is delivered on a daily basis. The company recognizes the importance of a healthy work / life balance, and offer a competitive compensation package including retirement and health benefits to employees.
Analyzing, problem solving and attention to detail are your strengths, and providing exceptional client experiences is what sets you apart from the competition. If you are an enthusiastic underwriter who is eager to take your career to the next level in a challenging position where you would be exposed to niche risks – this role is for you.
- Underwrite and negotiate key accounts and programs.
- Conduct file reviews to ensure compliance with underwriting guidelines and customer service standards.
- As required, participate in corporate underwriting audits of other Regions.
- Identify large accounts in target markets and work with broker to obtain the account or program.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, ensuring understanding of their unique needs; developing and delivering insurance and risk management solutions to meet those needs.
- Mentor and coach junior and intermediate underwriters
- Hold performance management meetings with team members and support them in creating and following through on individual development plans
Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree or College diploma.
- CIP (completed); FCIP (preferred).
- 10+ years insurance experience (commercial property/liability).
- Commercial property and casualty underwriting
- Commercial insurance product design, production and delivery
- Calculating and directing appropriate pricing and underwriting coverage
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses business acumen and skills to build trilateral relationships, negotiating sound business deals with multiple constituencies: brokers, reinsurers, and end customers.
- Manage programs and projects on-time and on-budget.
- Develop business, including marketing initiatives through working relationships with brokers, insureds, local authorities, and local business and community associations
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.