Assistant Director of Claims
Our client, a leading specialty MGA are looking for an Assistant Director of Claims to join the team. This is a newly created position within the senior management team with plenty of room for opportunity/further advancement.
- Work closely with the Director of Claims, become their right-hand person.
- Manage, mentor and develop the Claims Examiners
- Handle claims of very high complexity, in all specialty lines
- Ensuring the highest level of customer service and quality to claimants, clients and brokers
- Work with the team: training and development, performance reviews and objectives, onboarding and professional development.
- Communicate and implement potential changes to workflow
- Adhere to compliance guidelines, procedures and assisting in regular audits
- Attend mediations
- 10 years of claims experience, with thorough understanding of property and casualty insurance
- Leadership; accountable, resourceful, motivated - identifies and seeks opportunities for growth with both internal & external teams;
- Team player and excellent communication skills; engage the rest of the team and value their opinions
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making;
- Strong computer skills (including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in insurance related discipline
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or higher;
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Affia at 778-383-9790, x 104 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
DGA Careers is Canada’s only national Executive Search and Recruitment firm focused exclusively on the insurance industry, since 1986. Our deep industry experience, knowledge and strong relationships enable us to connect leading insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms with the most talented mid to senior level professionals for each individual leadership role.