Senior Commercial Underwriter
Excellent career opportunity for a Senior Commercial Lines Property and Casualty Underwriter! This great organization is an industry leader who is focused on creating a dynamic and innovative working environment where their people come first.
This position will service a substantial portfolio of commercial property and casualty business requiring a demonstrated underwriting ability and a commitment to customer service excellence.
- Assess and evaluate risk for new and existing business including complex accounts.
- Assist more junior underwriters with applying corporate underwriting standards and share knowledge and skills with others in the branch.
- Analyze reports to determine adequate exposure and loss rating
- Maintain awareness of market trends, pricing levels and policy form amendments
- Negotiate renewal terms for the retention of business
- Utilize loss control and risk management practices in the underwriting process.
- Respond to inquiries from brokers regarding modification to policy files in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Work with brokers to develop new business.
- Develop and maintain excellent broker relationships and management of assigned broker portfolio
- Provide above average customer service
- Assist with training seminars
- Assist with performing self audits in the branch
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- 5-7 years of commercial property/casualty business
- CIP is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good computer skills
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines and perform effectively under pressure
- Knowledge of RTM system
Interested candidates, please contact Affia at email@example.com or 778-383-9790 ext 104. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.