Are you an entrepreneurial sprit with a need to lead? If you pride yourself on being a high achieving business builder who thinks they could manage their own insurance agency, this may be the position for you. Our client is willing to provide full support to get you there. The basis of this position is to build strong, visible ties to the community and cultivate long-term relationships with clients. Through use of exclusive technology, tools and processes, you will help Canadians assess, define and implement solutions to meet their financial security needs.
With this position, you can expect to be away from the office on a regular basis meeting with clients and/or members of the community in their environment.
This opportunity will jump-start you into managing your own agency and provide many support resources along the way. Take your career to the next level!
Main Responsibilities include:
- Prospecting new clients to openly discuss risk management and financial goals and conducting reviews with clients to empower them to make informed decisions.
- Cultivating strong community relationships to enhance agency visibility and maximize new business opportunities to contribute to sales and growth goals.
- Developing and executing business, operational and marketing plans and supporting sustainability strategies to help Canadian communities become more resilient.
- Recruiting and selecting talent, coaching and mentoring employees, and managing your team’s performance to facilitate their development and achieve agency goals.
- Ensuring maintenance of required licences, compliance of ethical behaviour and conformity with corporate policies, industry standards and legal regulations.
- You have 3-5 years of management experience in the insurance industry or related business experience.
- You have post-secondary education in a related field.
- You hold a Life licence and a General Insurance licence, with a Mutual Funds licence as an asset.
- You have completed or working toward one of the following professional designations: CFP, CLU, CHFC or accredited Financial Planning Designation.
- If interested ,but do not have these requirements, our client may be willing to train. Fit is so important!
About the Company:
Our client is one of Canada’s best employers with a solid reputation of training the best talent. with a leading Canadian, diversified, integrated, multi-line insurance and financial services company. The company operates in three core areas: Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance, Life insurance and institutional investments. They believe the world is a better place when they take care of the things that matter. They have a shared responsibility to help build stronger, safer communities by actively supporting distraction-free driving, mental health, flood safety, and sustainability.
Finding and assessing great people for the insurance industry is what we at DGA do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 30 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Heidi Scott at 587-525-5536 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position directly.