Location: Toronto, ON
Our client is looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader to motivate and provide guidance to their Equipment Breakdown Department.
Successful Candidates Must be:
- Adept at marketing and implementing creative Equipment Breakdown solutions
- Able to work closely with internal and external stakeholders to maximize business opportunities
- Provide responsible leadership and technical direction on Equipment Breakdown risks.
Production & Underwriting
- Conduct analysis to determine risk on new business, renewals and programs.
- Evaluate and make recommendations for or against coverage based on the risk.
- Negotiate coverage and rates and /or program requirements for brokers.
- Assist in developing an team-oriented approach to meeting company goals and objectives including written premium and profitability objectives.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of existing accounts including implementation of audit procedures, to ensure the quality of accounts underwritten and adherence to procedures and philosophy.
Customer Service and Marketing
- Develop and maintain positive constructive relationships with our brokers and other stakeholders
- Participate in broker visits to assist in identifying and developing Equipment Breakdown underwriting opportunities
- Obtain information from brokers regarding overall quality of service
- Team Work Management
- Lead a team of dedicated staff
- Determine correct staff compliment in terms of the necessary skill and abilities to optimize team success
- Function as a mentor, assist with removing barriers to success and support training and development of staff
- Ensure work is appropriately planned, assigned and reviewed.
- Participate in performance reviews, goal setting and annual salary review process.
- Ensure documentation and files comply with legislative requirements (Canada Revenue, Privacy, Labor Standards, Insurance Industry Standards).
- Ensure all electronic and hard copy documentation standards are communicated to staff and met.
- Participate in projects, meetings, conferences as required.
- Undertake any other related appropriate duties and activities as assigned.
- A proven track record as a successful leader in the Equipment Breakdown insurance within the broker distribution system.
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience, with propensity for making informed, effective business decisions within a complex environment.
- Strong technical expertise and sound underwriting skillset in Equipment Breakdown.
- The ability to motivate and inspire a high-performance team through effective performance management, goal setting and leadership.
- The ability to build rapport, negotiate, think critically, and deliver innovative risk solutions.
- CIP/FCIP and/or CRM designations an asset.
- A post secondary degree or diploma in business, risk management or related field.
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset.
- Some travel will be required.
If you are interested in this position please contact Nadia Linklater, Talent Acquisition Partner, DGA Careers via email: email@example.com