Commercial Underwriter - MGA Experience an Asset
If you want to shorten your commute this role in the north end of Toronto may be for you
Our client is looking for a Commercial Lines Underwriter
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing submissions; applications & forms to address missing information, codes, etc.
- Evaluate, classify, and rate each risk to determine acceptability, coverage, and pricing
- Identifies and obtains additional information required to conduct a proper analysis of risk
- Review policies when they are received and ensure they are issued correctly
- Keeping up on industry knowledge (Products and Software).
- Signs policies and authorizes transmittal of documents to brokers and markets as required
- Prepares and maintains periodic reports pertinent to the ongoing operation
- Service current accounts
- Provides advice and expertise on underwriting issues
- Special projects and performs other related duties as required
- You must have strong verbal and written communication skills to be successful in this position.
- MGA experience an asset
- CIP, CRM, FCIP, CAIB or comparable designations an asset
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Possess a professional telephone manner
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Maintain a positive attitude and are a team player
- Strong analytical and decision making abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt to change
- Excellent computer/keyboarding skills
Interested candidates please contact Antonella Leone at 416.868.6711 x.226 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.