Job Title: Property Claims Adjuster
- Investigate, evaluate, analyze, negotiate and settle property claims
- Interpret policy conditions, legislation and confirm coverage for policy holders
- Conduct claim investigations, which include coordinating, consulting with contractors, vendors, and other parties, etc.
- Evaluate liability, salvage and subrogation exposure and potential
- Contact and coordinate all parties involved in all stages of the claims process
- Review and analyze losses to ensure file meets assignment and guideline criteria
- Respond to client complaints and appeals
- Determine proper kind of loss (KOL) reserves based on exposure and authority level
- Prepare files for subrogation, litigation, mediation and appraisal
- Examine claims files handled by Independent Adjusters
- Prepare and maintain various reports on property claims
- General support of claims area and special projects as required
- 2-3 year insurance claims experience, preferably property claims experience
- Have obtained your Bachelor’s degree and is working towards a CIP designation
- Possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven track records in exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Competitive salary, employee benefits, pension plan, annual bonus and more
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.