The Claims Manager will be responsible for leading all day-to-day claims activities
including the technical production of Executive Adjusters and the supporting
The incumbent will be a champion for change and excellence, contributing to the company's
goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience by providing
leadership to the claims team focusing on the achievement of key business goals and
customer service standards.
Adjuster Production (30%)
• Daily claims assignment and distribution of incoming claims from insurance
companies, broker programs, corporate clients and after-hours reporting service,
taking into consideration severity, location, complexity, program compliance, Adjuster
availability and workload balance to align needs of the claim assignment with the
proper Adjuster skill base.
• Monitor workload inventory and productivity to maintain agreed to productivity
• Monitor and ensure availability of the Adjuster workforce in consultation with the VP
Administration (managing after-hours rotation schedule, back up capacity, and absent
• Act in a consultative and advisory capacity on claims matters and technical issues
such as: liability determination, investigation, policy interpretation, settlement
negotiation, and reserve establishment for claims.
• Provides file review feedback and in some cases direction on file completion.
• Manage own file handling as required by management and meet production targets in
line with company expectations.
Audit and Quality Control (30%)
• Review billings and fees in accordance with client billing expectations, standards,
and regulatory requirements.
• Respond to complaints and monitor and ensure resolutions are reached
• Review/analyze/sign Adjuster’s reports ensuring compliance/accuracy and efficiency
• Produce monthly and quarterly reports, by Carrier, by program, and present trend
analysis and action plans to the Executive Team as requested.
• Manage account receivables in accordance with company standards
First Notice of Loss/Broker Accounts (25%)
• Manage all aspects of a customer focused and efficient Broker claims intake centre,
enhancing customer experience for Brokers, promoting claims advocacy, improving
claims handling processes, and meeting business priorities successfully.
• Manage claims queue productivity standards, wait time, availability and abandonment,
and scheduling in order to provide consistent service quality and streamlined
processes to add value for customers.
• Train new employees and existing employees on processes and standards ensuring
achievement of requirements, evaluating and monitoring progress by performing
audits and providing additional support and training as required.
• Contribute to overall management and strategic direction of the company.
• In conjunction with Executive Team, establish annual capacity plan for the company
by evaluating forecast against plan and identify/implement changes as needed.
• Responsible for attracting, recruiting, and managing talent.
• Build a high performing team by providing guidance, training and motivation through
establishment of individual goals and ongoing feedback.
• Minimum 5 years of insurance claims experience with an IA, TPA or Insurance Carrier.
• Minimum 2 years people management experience in a claims environment.
• Post-secondary education or a combination of relevant education and experience.
• All Lines licensed Adjuster with CIP, FCIP or CRM.
• Progressive Personal and Commercial Property and General Liability claim handling
• Demonstrated ability to monitor claims procedures, practices, standards and controls
to drive results for operational excellence, financial performance, customer service,
compliance, and conflict resolution.
• Strong oral and written communication, and presentation skills with capability of
communicating with influence to key stakeholders and senior management.
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner