JUNIOR CLAIMS SPECIALIST
You are someone who is committed to providing exceptional customer service, who is a team
player and will go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations, and who will represent our
brand with professionalism and pride. This is an exciting time to be a part of the team as
we position ourselves for continued growth.
The Junior Claims Specialist will be responsible for handling the intake of auto, property and
liability claims and the accurate creation of first notice of loss (FNOL). Responsibilities will
• Maintain daily access in the telephone queue in accordance with expectations, for intake
of new claims.
• Monitor and intake all new incoming claims through email and telephone contact, including
after-hour claims assigned to Adjusters.
• Take incoming calls through the queue from Brokers or Insurance Carriers who are reporting
auto, property or liability claims, or general inquiry.
• Gather and coordinate necessary documentation and information related to the claim in order
to create a notice of loss and distribute to appropriate reporting channels within established
• Advise, guide and answer questions through telephone/email contact providing claim
• Input and setup new claims to the Broker and operating systems.
• Triage property claims via email, fax, web submission, and/or telephone in accordance with
the Broker Claim Services Agreement, Insurance Carrier and protocols and provide
applicable reports to Adjuster.
• Ensure compliance with Broker and Carrier reporting channels and timelines are met.
• Adhere to system / telephone standards and achieve and maintain performance /productivity
• Cross-train with Claims Specialist, Broker Accounts to support team as necessary through
claim intake, documentation and diary management as directed by management.
• Other duties as required.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
• 2 - 3 years of insurance adjusting industry or broker claims experience an asset.
• A post-secondary education and/or a combination of education and customer service
experience in insurance claims.
• Working knowledge of Auto/Property adjusting and claim adjudication process preferred.
• Actively pursuing CIP designation preferred or willingness to enrol in and complete the CIP
curriculum within the specified timeline.
• Prior experience in customer service environment an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• A ‘roll up your sleeves’ attitude and do-er with a willingness to contribute in support of the
• Proven ability to have an empathetic telephone manner, professional communication skills
and mannerism throughout a telephone call experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e., Email, Word, Excel) and ability to learn various
This role requires flexibility with working hours between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday to
Friday to accommodate hours of operation for the telephone queue and may also be required to
support changing conditions, customer demands, and business needs.
Interested candidates, please contact Otis Wong at email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, please feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner