I am working with one of Canada’s leading Insurance Companies, who is looking for a Property Claims Examiner. The successful candidate will have very strong claims expertise, with the responsibility to review claims files and have oversight of claims settlements and investigations handles by independent adjusters.
Title: Claims Examiner
Location: Ontario (Work from home opportunity)
- Investigate and negotiate property claims in accordance with company’s best practices and handling procedures
- Responsible for the issuance of payments to vendors, customer and experts.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of data captured in Company systems
- Review and compile facts and technical reports.
- Analyze estimates, value of claims, negotiate, and settle claims accordingly.
- Ensure quality of customer service as the first-level escalation for the handling and resolution of complaints or issues related to independent adjuster performance
- Ensure independent adjuster compliance with Company’s agreements, local regulations and licensing regulations
- Effectively advise and counsel customers on claim status while providing prompt and exemplary customer service
- Ensure all correspondence is completed in a time efficient manner
- Responsible for recognizing questionable claims, subrogation and risk opportunities. Working with trained investigators throughout the investigation process while managing customer expectations
- Collaborate with counsel and experts in the handling of first party litigation matters
- Manage performance expectations as set out in personal, team and company goals
- CIP designation (Or close to completion)
- University Degree or College Diploma Preferred
- 5+ years insurance experience in both commercial and personal property claims.
- Superior technical claims handling
- Demonstrated customer service commitment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Technical competence in Personal and Commercial insurance
- Demonstrated rapport-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and reach agreement with suppliers/vendors
- Computer proficiency; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Exposure to Guidewire an asset
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Regional licensing requirements for New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island are an asset
Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, benefits, pension plan
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.