Our client, a national specialty insurer, is seeking a Bilingual Claims Adjuster. They are looking for someone enthusiastic and able to embrace a small, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. This is a great opportunity for a law clerk, legal assistant, or paralegal that would like to learn about insurance adjusting.
Title: Bilingual Claims Adjuster
- Evaluate new claims and potential claims and manage workloads including the conduct of any in-house work.
- Participate hands-on in the resolution of complex claims and coverage issues.
- Deliver training on products, risk management presentations and advice to lawyers and firms.
- Monitor outsourced claims to ensure quality assurance and that excellent client service is achieved and maintained.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with external lawyers.
- Assist with various accounting functions as assigned.
- Assist in the development, implementation and administration of claims management policies, procedures, and systems that will maintain DAS's success as a continually evolving, high-functioning claims handling service.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be fluently Bilingual (French & English)
- Ability to evaluate and assist in the successful resolution of complex litigation
- Aware of the litigation landscape in Quebec, and have knowledge of and be able to utilize the code civil du Quebec
- Superior judgment and analytical, organizational, advocacy, administrative, IT, presentation and writing skills
- Five 5 years’ experience in claims adjusting, including some experience in insurance litigation OR experience as a Law Clerk, Paralegal, or legal assistant.
- Must be open to obtaining the AMF insurance license in Quebec.
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Benefits, Pension, Bonus Plan
Interested candidates please contact Maurice Reichberg at 416.868.6711 x.232 or forward your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are working with another DGA recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.