Our client, a leading insurance company, is looking for a Supervisor, Personal Lines Underwriting to join the team. You will be managing and developing the team of Personal Lines Underwriters and making a positive contribution to the culture and organisation.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to step into a leadership role within a well-established organisation, and have the opportunity for further advancement
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team – to maintain a positive and productive work environment, and ensure products and services are current and competitive.
- Manage, mentor and develop the Personal Lines Underwriters – This includes but not limited to training and development, performance reviews and objectives, onboarding and professional development.
- Communicate and implement potential changes to workflow, products and procedures
- Product development
- Adhere to compliance guidelines, procedures and assisting in regular audits
- Networking and expanding the network of brokers
- Additional tasks as required
- CIP/FCIP designation
- Ideally 3 to 5 years of Personal Lines experience, with thorough understanding of all personal insurance products.
- Mature and high emotional intelligence.
- Leadership experience; leading and motivating teams, and seeking opportunities for improvement
- Must exhibit the following traits; accountable, resourceful, innovative - identifies and seeks opportunities for growth with both internal & external teams;
- Team player and excellent communication skills; engage the rest of the team and collaboration.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making skills
- Strong technical/computing skills (including working knowledge of MS Office)
If you meet or exceed these requirements and qualifications, please contact Jen Duff at 778-383-9790, x 103 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com. If you are already working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this opportunity and they will give you more details.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner.