INSURANCE CONSULTANT OPPORTUNITY
Are you looking for a change? Would you like to be part of a fun team of passionate professionals? This may be the role for you!
This is the right role for you, if you are:
- Looking for a new opportunity
- A high performer
- Technically sound
- Analytical - able to review, collect data & create a report
- Creative – can think outside the box
- Able to take initiative
- Hands-on, able to do administrative duties as well – i.e. collecting exposures, invoice, quotes, tracking, etc.
- Passionate & enjoy unique work experiences
- Able to contribute new ideas
- Above average with Excel
- Able to "roll up your sleeves" and be a part of the team
We are a small independent consulting firm specializing in the provision of actuarial, insurance and risk management consulting services to public entities, commercial entities, the insurance industry, and to specialty and captive insurance facilities. We have offices in Toronto and Montreal and we are looking for the next member of our team!
DETAILS OF THE ROLE:
Role: INSURANCE & RISK MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Analysis of insurance programs involving highly specialized products distributed to professionals in specialized fields.
- Work in a highly collaborative, technical, small team environment.
- Ability to balance internal and external client needs and back-end documentation processes.
- Assist in the development and administration of new and renewing insurance contracts, including:
- Preparation of submissions
- Process premium and policy documentation
- Provide ongoing service to policy holders
- Apply creative thinking to aid in the development of new insurance products and solutions
- Contribute in the drafting, formatting, and editing proposals, reports, and presentations, as required
- Prepare general correspondence, memos, reports, etc. for internal and external clients, as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS DESIRED:
- Understanding of the insurance marketplace, including broking, underwriting, and policy wordings
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and ability to communicate with all levels in the organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Solutions-oriented with keen attention to detail and analytical ability
- Accountable and able to work with minimal direction and/or supervision
- Ability to work as part of a team
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education and relevant accreditation
- RIBO license or willing to obtain
- CRM, CIP designation is an asset
- 5 to 10 years of insurance or financial industry experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint and Word, with an above-average proficiency in Excel
DGA Careers has the exclusive rights to this Insurance Specialist search.
Please direct all inquiries and applications to Anna-Lisa Sippola, Talent Acquisition Partner at 416-868-6711 ext 237 or forward your resume in confidence to Annalisa@dgacareers.com. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.