Position Title: Supervisor, Field Claims
Employment Type: Work from home with availability for some travel
The role of the Supervisor, Field Claims is to ensure the timely completion of all claims while maintaining quality and company standards and guidelines. The Supervisor collaborates with various departments, internal and external clients, and provides regular guidance and support to field employees in the day-to-day operations. The Supervisor will be primarily responsible for field claims in Ontario, Canada.
- Provide direction and oversight of the quality and completion of all claims within a defined regional area (or team), including; site visits, inventory/data collection, item research/pricing, claims reporting and review, policyholder/adjuster communication.
- Personally involved in mentoring and guiding Field employees in the handling of complex claims (hoarder, commercial, fatalities, high end, etc.). This would include site visits, inventory and pricing, policyholder/adjuster communication and reporting;
- In conjunction with the Training Manager, identify training needs and provide ongoing training and support to all new and existing field employees;
- Supervise overall field employee performance, including QA reviews and PEG Closing File Reviews, as well as quarterly reporting to Manager;
- Assist Manager in the performance review of employees during the annual review process.
- Provide feedback on performance
- Assist in setting SMART goals and quarterly follow-up of milestones
- Ensure timely invoicing of claims within company standards related to performance, fee % of RC, adjuster set expectations through updates, etc…with support from Manager
- Review current and future workloads and make recommendations to the Manager for the appropriate staffing levels to meet service standards, both increasing and decreasing;
- Provide input on changes and development of exclaim and testing;
- Provide catastrophe claim leadership when catastrophes occur in the region;
- Ensure health and safety standards are followed in the field.
- College/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of property field claims experience
- Previous management or leadership experience
- Strong computer skills (MS Office/Outlook, etc.)
- Employee must provide their own high-speed internet service (a portion will be reimbursed)
- Company equipment including laptop/smartphone will be provided. It is the employee’s responsibility to care and maintain the equipment, as per company policy
- Ability/Availability to travel
- Valid Driver’s License
- CIP/FCIP or equivalent
- Adjusting license/Adjusting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate, mentor, develop and manage employees.
- Foster continuous improvement and innovation
- Results-driven, with a sense of urgency to deliver under pressure and on time
- Foster integrity and honesty
- Demonstrate flexibility and resilience
If you are interested in this position please contact Nadia Linklater, Talent Acquisition Partner, DGA Careers via email: firstname.lastname@example.org