Reporting to Legal Counsel - Head of Litigation, the Insurance and Risk Management Analyst is responsible for managing all Corporate Insurance Policies for the City of Brantford, including but not limited to the Brantford Municipal Airport, the Brantford Energy Group and various boards/commissions/committees. The position is also responsible for implementing and maintaining a comprehensive risk management program for the Corporation and providing coverage recommendations to various City departments.
- Graduation from a three (3) year community college program or equivalent in General Insurance or an undergraduate degree in Business or equivalent
- CIP designation (Certified Insurance Professional) or FCIP (Fellowship of Certified Insurance Professionals) required
- CRM designation (Certified Risk Management) preferred
- At least five years of previous experience, preferable in a municipal setting, in insurance policy management, risk management and claims handling is required
- Acute sense of confidentiality
- Advanced working knowledge of computer programs, including the Microsoft Office Suite such as Word, Excel and Access is required
- Assistaning with budget development, preferably in a municipal setting, is an asset
- Experience drafting and developing corporate risk management policies including risk tolerance policies
- Experience making recommendations regarding appropriate coverages for various projects and events
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills are essential
- Possess a valid Class G driver's license in good standing during the course of employment
WAGE RANGE: $71,199.00 to $88,999.00 per annum (based on 35 hour week) with benefits
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://careers.brantford.ca/ and click on Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, August 6, 2020, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.