Join one of Canada’s leading commercial Property & Casualty insurance companies!
Our client has an immediate opening for an Underwriting Associate to join their beautiful downtown Vancouver office. This position does not require prior insurance experience, and it will provide you with on-the-job training for a professional career in commercial insurance underwriting. Ideal candidate will be fast tracked into a full underwriting capacity and can expect significant advancement opportunities dealing with complex USA accounts.
The trainee will be immediately responsible for providing technical and administrative support to assigned underwriting files.
Through on the job training and working collaboratively on special projects, you will develop the skills required to underwrite and service assigned accounts in accordance with established guidelines and business objectives, within established authority levels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical and administrative support to assigned underwriters and files
- Communicate with underwriters and brokers to verify/qualify underwriting info
- Respond to underwriter/broker/policy holder service requests
- Maintain national service and quality standards and policies
- MUST HAVE- University degree in Risk Management, Math, Geology, Science or Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel including math formulas/pivot tables
- Ability to work within PC-oriented environment
Interested candidates please contact Jen Duff at 778-383-9790 ext 103 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are working with another DGA Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.
Founded in 1986, DGA Careers specializes in providing insurance recruiting services to major insurers, insurance brokerage firms and independent adjusting firms. DGA Careers assists qualified professionals in claims, underwriting, sales, customer service, and more, connect with the Canadian insurance industry at all levels. We endeavour to respond to each applicant in a timely manner