This opportunity is for an experienced Commercial Lines professional who can service a book but is also able to create new business through warm and cold leads. The successful candidate will be joining this tight knit group as a Commercial Insurance Account Executive. This brokerage is most concerned with finding someone who is a strong fit personality wise. If you are a positive individual with a strong understanding of commercial insurance than this could be the role for you. Experience in Commercial Auto is vital.
- Main responsibilities include
- Servicing an existing book of business
- Writing new business
- Marketing/placing/negotiating rates for commercial accounts
- Supporting the team when needed
- Assisting with training new staff
- Prospecting and networking for new clients
You are full of life and try to make each day the best day it can be for yourself and everyone you encounter. You have a knack for picking up the small but important details when listening to clients or coworkers. You are able to multitask in a busy office by working with others and staying organized. You are aware of others thoughts and emotions and do your best to leave a positive impact on those you encounter.
- Minimum 3 years of Commercial Insurance experience as a Commercial Lines broker, producer or account manager
- Minimum level 1 general insurance license
- Knowledge of commercial insurance products, markets and processes
- Good customer service & sales skills
- Willingness to up-sell, cross-sell and prospect for new business
- Personal Lines insurance knowledge considered an asset (but not required)
About the Company:
This company’s focus on working as a team to provide their clients with the most complete solutions has helped them grow into one of Calgary’s most trusted brokerages. From its humble beginnings as a family brokerage to the major player in the Calgary insurance scene, this brokerage has never lost its soul. There are lots of numbers involved in insurance, but our client never forgets that insurance is about people too. From their clients to their staff this company always looks to do right by everyone involved.
At DGA Careers, finding and assessing talented insurance professionals is what we do all day long, every day. DGA Careers has been proudly serving the Canadian insurance industry for over 25 years, as the largest executive search and recruiting company focused exclusively on the insurance industry. With offices in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, DGA Careers is well positioned to conduct searches with a national scope. Our unrivalled professional network across Canada provides us with the ability to reach vital key influencers and passive candidates nationally.
Interested candidates please contact Katie Ellwood at 587-952-5076 or forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.