Title: Business Development Associate, Commercial Programs
Location: Toronto (financial district)
The Business Development Associate reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Commercial Insurance.
This role consists of working with Association members to provide insurance quotations for their business through the appropriate program. Where the member fits the program, you will provide a quotation through the program, and if for some reason they do not fit the program we look to find them a solution in the general insurance marketplace.
Grow new commercial business with individual members of our association/group program clients by:
- Identifying and engaging with prospects.
- Understanding client needs.
- Articulate a unique program-focused value proposition to address client needs.
- Close the sale and bind the client
- Developing and fostering relationships with insurance companies
Re-market existing commercial clients:
- Who are no longer members of a group or association
- Who are no longer eligible for the group or association program
- Identify and mitigate possible exposures for clients being remarketed.
- Identify clients who are ideal candidates for cross-sell /up-selling opportunities.
- Be effective within a team of Producers and Account Managers to achieve collective goals.
What characteristics would the ideal candidate possess?
- Independent & Self Motivated
- Able to relate to clients
- Strong listener
- Strong follow-through
- Team player
- Strong writing skills
I you are interested in this position please contact Nadia Linklater, Talent Acquisition Partner DGA Careers via email: email@example.com